top of page
• SGI strictly avoids the use of harmful chemicals, pesticides and weed suppressants that can leach into the soil and/or groundwater.
• We use zero-waste techniques such as mulching, farm yard manure, and organic pest control to ensure that our drives are sustainable and cost-effective.
• Water is a precious resource. With less than 2.5% of the world’s fresh water reserves, India has to cater to almost 20% of the world’s population. To make every drop count, we have designed a low cost drip irrigation system, which increases survival rates while drastically reducing water consumption.
LOW COST DRIP IRRIGATION SYSTEM
• Pits are dug and prepared in advance as per soil requirements and water availability.
• The pits are filled with cotton waste, manure and pesticides before planting to ensure stabilization of the soil.
• Saplings are brought to the planting site 3-4 weeks prior to encourage acclimatisation.
• Vriksha sevaks (staff) are at hand to assist participants.
• Tools are provided.
• Photographer and/or videographer can be booked in advance.
• Transportation can be arranged if required.
• Drinking water is provided.
• Special requirements like gardening gloves, towels etc may be procured but are strongly discouraged as they are wasteful.
bottom of page